For those gappies who love the slopes and the great outdoors what could be a better way to spend their year off than learning to become a ski or snowboard instructor?
If your child is still wondering how best to spend their gap year or they are starting to make plans for after their A levels next Summer then Ski le Gap offer amazing courses to become ski and snowboard instructors in the beautiful Winter Wonderland of Mont Tremblant in Quebec, Canada. World-renowned for its excellent snow conditions and varied terrain, Mont Tremblant has earned its award as the Number One Ski Resort in Eastern North America.
If you or your child have a shorter trip in mind, there is the 4 week Intensive Training Course, where you can gain a CSIA/CASI Level 1 instructor qualification and then go on to teach for the rest of the season (subject to interview and a necessary work visa).
Or why not go for the 10 week Ultimate Experience Instructor Course developing your technique whilst gaining internationally recognised instructor qualifications.
Whatever the course you choose, you will receive:
- Expert coaching 5 days a week from the highest qualified instructors
- Train for up to 7 internationally recognised qualifications
- Live together in well located accommodation
- All meals, 7 days a week
- The most extensive, fun-packed programme of trips and activities to explore Canada
Both courses are started in parallel, so it’s one large group arriving at the same time meaning there is a great sense of community. You will make friends for life.
Still unsure? Here are some other pointers to help you make up your mind!
- They take beginners! It’s a myth that you need to be a brilliant skier to become an instructor. No matter what your ability is, they have a programme to suit you.
- There is a Mentor Programme. Every student is allocated a mentor instructor to provide extra support and guidance. This ensures maximum progression on the hill as well as helping gappers feel part of a close knit group.
- It’s all inclusive. The inclusive nature of the course is fundamental to Ski le Gap. This means once the students have signed up and paid, everyone can join in with everything once out there. It creates a really great Ski le Gap group in the resort.
- And it’s not just learning…. Fun is equally important! Beyond the sport, there are amazing trips and activities arranged. From weekend visits to Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City, to igloo building, snowshoeing, pub quizzes and watching live ice hockey games.
There are still places available for this January, or get planning in advance for following seasons.
Read HERE to learn more.
* Exclusive offer for School Notices members! *
Book onto the 10 week Ultimate Experience ski course starting 6th Jan 2019 and receive a FREE GOPRO.
Or, book onto the 4 week Intensive Training ski course starting 6th Jan 2019 and get a FREE WEEKEND TRIP to explore Quebec City – a two night stay with night-tubing.
Find your offer code here